Full Bathroom Renovation: Mood Board and Inspiration
Before one makes any interior design decisions, one first flocks to Pinterest.
At least, that what I've been doing for years. So when I realized we had a chance to renovate our full bathroom, it was actually ... terrifying. Because I realized that my taste in bathroom design was all over the place.
My pins were solidly in mid-century modern and Scandinavian modern territory ... with some bohemian and classic styles thrown in. And a few other styles for good measure. I couldn't seem to pick one style and stick with it.
Not only that, but the specifics were a mess. All sizes and shapes of tile. ALL kinds of metals. And about 20 different types of vanities.I dove into Pinterest with a more critical eye, and considered our space, budget, and project time frame.
My Favorite Photos and Their Sources
There are a few images that stood out in my search that helped shape my final decisions: you can see them in the collage at the header images. In some cases, I ended up buying the same products (cough cough, The Anna Edit).
So without further ado, here are the sources for the images in the header collage. From left to right:
- Dwell.com: Beatty Street Loft in Vancouver, Canada. If you're specifically interested in that amazing slate-look hex tile (like I was) I found it and it's called Mutina - Tex.
- The Anna Edit. Sadly, I can't find the exact blog post/source, but her renovation video is here.
- Apartment Therapy: Michelle's Open and Serene Home
The Inspiration List
While preparing for this project, I found so many new bloggers and creators. I have to give them a shout-out!
Every resource helped us make so many design decisions. Even if they weren't THE inspiration, they sent us on a path to make some of our biggest decisions. Some I've had saved for years, and others I just discovered in the past few weeks. Here are the ones that stick out in my mind:
- Our Fifties Fixer-Upper Hallway Bathroom Project
- Post and Beam Living's Guest Bathroom Renovation
- Kait Hoffman (AKA @hoffhome)'s Bathroom
- Yellow Brick Road's "Bathroom! Done!" Post
- And honestly ... this New York Times article was incredibly helpful.
If you want to see explore an overwhelming about of bathroom design inspiration, you can find it all on the Pinterest board for the Full Bathroom.
Do you have any favorite bathroom designs? Send me your favorite in the comments or send a message on Instagram!